Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sewing things

I have been sewing like crazy on some days and other days I have no desire to sew.  Two weeks ago during the blizzard I sewed for 2 days straight.  I loved it!  Last week I had no desire to  sew for several days.  So I cleaned  out the bookcases.  I got rid of boxes of books and bags of old magazines.  I just got boxes to organize my quilt magazines.  I did not throw those away.  This past weekend I got the sewing itch again and got these two quilt tops done.
This quilt is not quite all put together in this picture.  It is made with Blush by Basic Grey.

This is made with a charm pack and a jelly roll of Oz.

Both of those fabric lines are older ones.  But I finally got the quilts made!  The Oz quilt will be donated to a kids camp where they are collecting quilts for all the kids that will attend.  

Also this past weekend I made this pillow.
It is made from a Moda candy bar.  I cut the bars in half so I had 2.5" squares.  Then I followed this tutorial.  Four Patch Pillow Tutorial

On Monday and Tuesday of this week I sewed these two purses.  They have been cut out and waiting for a month.
Left purse is for an aunt in Florida.  The right one is for a friend in Kentucky.
On Monday I also got in a trip to my local quilt shop.  On Tuesday I gave blood.  Today I have to get taxes done.  Busy, busy, busy.  But also sewing projects to do.

Happy sewing!

Tina 


No comments:

Post a Comment