Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Girl is Sewing!

My second daughter learned to sew today.  She made a bag that will hold her Bible.  It is her 4-H project for the month.  She did a good job of following directions and being careful.  I am not sure if she liked sewing and will do it again though.  This is a pattern from a Better Homes and Gardens Publication.



Yesterday I made a purse and wallet for a dear friend of mine.  Her birthday is Thursday.  She recently lost a baby.  The second one this year and I wanted to do something really nice for her.

The purse pattern is "Mini Bow Tucks" by Quilts Illustrated.  Then wallet pattern is "Whimsey wallet" by This and That.
I need to make more of these wallets.  They would make great gifts.  I also love the fact I can make a wallet.  I have the smaller version of this by This & That that I use now.  A bigger one would be nice.

So many projects, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment